When you are looking for things to do in Queens, either as a local or a visitor, there are several nearby options for fishing. This is a great choice, providing excitement as you reel in fish and a relaxing day on the water.
Marilyn Jean Fishing runs our party boat fishing excursions from our dock conveniently located in Brooklyn, offering people from Queens a convenient way to enjoy saltwater fishing at the greatest spots around NYC. Our fishing trips depart daily, giving you options all year long. Check the calendar to see all of the different fishing trips we offer and purchase your tickets.
What to Expect on a Queens Fishing Trip
Our fishing trips depart from Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn, which is easily accessible from Queens. There is both free parking and paid parking in the area, as well as a subway stop nearby.
On board, you will join a wide range of people of all ages, including both experienced and amateur anglers. You are welcome to bring your own rod and reel or use the rods and reels provided. We also provide bait, so you have everything you need to catch fish. You are also welcome to bring a cooler for snacks and drinks as our decks offer ample space for you to set up with your party. After we depart, we:
- Travel to Multiple Destinations – We go fast with the help of twin diesel engines, often able to go to multiple locations even on half day trips to increase the chances of a good catch. The different locations we go to include Jamaica Bay, Rockaway Beach, Raritan Bay, Sandy Hook Bay, Coney Island, and more.
- Variety of Fishing Experiences – With trips almost every day of the year, you can hook a range of different fish on different trips, such as striped bass, blackfish, cod, porgy, ling, summer flounder, and a range of other fish types.
- Offer Comfortable Sailing – Our boat is equipped with bathrooms, indoor cabin areas, and a kitchenette – all kept spotlessly clean – for you to use during your trip.
Trip options include half day, full day, and evening trips, making it possible to find a trip time that fits with your schedule and provides the type of experience you would like.
Why Experience a Queens Fishing Trip Aboard the Marilyn Jean
While there are many freshwater fishing experiences around Queens and saltwater fishing along the coast, heading out to fish on the Marilyn Jean is the most thrilling and convenient way to fish. It is also likely to provide a great experience with our:
- Our friendly crew is here to help you out on the trip by baiting hooks, untangling lines, and cleaning the fish you are keeping.
- Our Coast Guard inspected fleet has the latest navigational and safety equipment for a great trip.
- Current fishing reports for location accuracy on local fish populations.
These factors all make fishing in NYC one of the best experiences you can have, whether you live in Queens or visiting from elsewhere.
Purchase Your Tickets for Queens Fishing
When you are looking for an opportunity to go fishing in Queens, joining a trip from Brooklyn on the Marilyn Jean is a great option. You can purchase tickets as a walkup as space permits, or reserve your space onboard by purchasing tickets for an upcoming trip through the online calendar.