The fall months in NYC can be a perfect time to go fishing. Temperatures generally remain relatively warm, a number of fish are active in the area just off the coast, and many fish species are feeding voraciously in preparation for winter. This makes for both a pleasant day on the water and a rewarding fishing trip in NYC.
Marilyn Jean Fishing has NYC fall fishing trips departing almost daily in September, October, and November. We sail from Brooklyn with full day and half day fishing trips that will take you to some of the best saltwater fishing spots off the coast of NYC and New Jersey. Check out all of our upcoming fishing trips and book your ticket.
Fish We Catch on Autumn Fishing Trips
There are several fish species in NYC that remain active as temperatures begin to cool. For some fish, months like October can even present the best fishing of the season. Some of the different species we go after on the Marilyn Jean include:
- Striped Bass – Striped bass season officially ends December 15, but fall can be the best time to fish for them before bass start to swim further south for the winter. These late season bass offer a great chance to catch a large trophy fish as they have had time to feed and grow all summer and are putting on extra weight to make it through the winter.
- Porgy – Porgy are most active in the late summer and early fall, but our team is able to track and help you catch them into November and December. This fish provides an exciting fishing opportunity that will test your skills when you go to reel one in.
- Fluke – Summer flounder are still around in the fall and our fluke fishing trips on the Marilyn Jean will have you meeting daily catch limits for fluke until the end of the season in October. Fluke fishing in NYC is a great option for those wanting to try out bottom fishing.
- Blackfish – Also known as tautog, blackfish are fighters that live around rocks, jetties, piers, and other rocky hiding places. Their populations peak twice a year, including in October and November.
- Ling – Ling live in the waters around NYC all year long, but populations begin to increase in the fall and peak in the winter. This makes the fall a great time to head out to catch ling which offer a more relaxing trip and a tasty fish to cook up when you get back home.
The boats in our fleet sail for full day trips that run from 7am to 3pm, half day trips from 8am to 1pm or 2pm to 6pm, and evening trips at 7:30pm depending on the day of the week. These times are subject to change, so always take a look at the current schedule for our up to date times.
Why Go Fishing in NYC on the Marilyn Jean this Fall
At Marilyn Jean Fishing, we offer fishing trips almost every day of the year, including throughout the fall. This gives us up-to -date information on where fish are from day to day and as we move into autumn, increasing the chance that you will be able to catch several fish while aboard.
We go to a variety of NYC’s offshore fishing spots, including Raritan Bay, Rockaway Beach, Coney Island, Jamaica Bay, and others, based on where we know we will get the best bite. Each boat in our fleet is equipped with twin diesel engines as well for a fast and smooth trip so we can spend less time on travel and more time fishing.
The other benefits of enjoying a fall fishing trip in NYC aboard the Marilyn Jean include:
- Included Equipment – Rods reels for saltwater fishing are included in the cost of your ticket, as is bait for any fish species we are going after on a particular trip. Tackle is available for purchase on board.
- Comfortable Fleet – In addition to meeting all safety standards, our Coast Guard-inspected fleet is also equipped with everything you need for comfort during your fishing trip, including clean and spacious decks, cabin, and bathrooms.
- Professional and Friendly Crew – Our crew is here to assist you throughout your trip from baiting hooks and cleaning any fish you choose to keep to sharing expertise if you need assistance.
Joining a fishing trip in NYC this autumn is a great way to hook a trophy fish, try NYC fishing for the first time, or enjoy a beautiful fall day on the water with the best fishing expedition in NYC.
Purchase Tickets for Fishing on the Marilyn Jean
Our fishing trips leave from Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn, which is conveniently located to Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx, and the surrounding area by car or public transit. We accept walk ups on a first come first serve basis, but the best way to guarantee your spot on a Marilyn Jean fishing trip this fall is to purchase your ticket on our website.